Tips to Manage Stress as the Focus on Mental Health Rises
This past year has brought on an unprecedented level of stress and anxiety for many. According to the American Institute of Stress, 33% of Americans have reported feeling extreme pressure, with 73% sharing they think it impacts their mental health. Effectively coping with stress is vital for maintaining overall health and well-being.
With this in mind, here are “7 Helpful Tips” to manage stress when life feels overwhelming.
1. Cultivate social support – Strong social support can improve resilience, so be sure to reach out to friends and family members who are good listeners.
2. Maintain good nutrition – When experiencing stress, the central nervous system releases adrenaline and cortisol, which can negatively impact the digestive system. A nutritious diet can provide more physical energy to deal with challenges. Taking a dietary supplement, such as Vfinity’s The Dose, can help your body with potent vitamins, essential minerals, and polyphenol antioxidants.
3. Relax your muscles – Stress can cause tension, so combat symptoms with regular stretching, massages, or warm baths with Epsom salts.
4. Meditate – Research shows that mindful meditation can reduce psychological stress and anxiety. Set aside five minutes each day to sit in a quiet place and breathe.
5. Protect sleep – Stress during the day can translate into a poor night’s sleep, which can affect cognition and mood. Try to have a consistent sleep schedule and wind down with Vfinity’s VRELIEF before bed.
6. Get physically active – Movement can improve your sleep and combat stress simultaneously. In one study, working adults who participated in moderate physical activity had half the perceived stress as working adults who didn’t participate.
7. Spend time outdoors – Studies conducted in multiple countries have found that green space improves mood. Take a moment to notice nature, refocus and calm the mind.
Chronic stress is considered a risk factor for various illnesses, including cancer, heart disease, and obesity. Stress also impacts mental health, which in turn affects wellness, so it’s critical to practice self-care every day to maintain a healthy well-being. As a leader in the health and wellness industry, Vfinity continues to meet customers’ needs with its innovative, first-to-market line of products.
Learn more about Vfinity’s premium supplements by visiting www.vfinity.com.
At Vfinity, we know that sometimes simple adjustments to your daily routine can change everything. With our results-driven, easy-to-use products, you have unlimited opportunities to achieve health, wellness, and body confidence. Our goal is that every product we provide must enhance your life and jumpstart your journey towards personal wellness and achievement. We deliver product solutions that are simple to incorporate into your existing routine and have proven and time-tested results. Learn more at www.vfinity.com.