Creating Permanent Habits for Healthier Life
We all have habits, but many of those that we adopt during our lifetimes are known as “bad habits.” As life goes on and you grow as a person you tend to get into a routine, so why not make that routine of daily habits good ones?
You might have heard that it takes 21 days to form a habit, but according to several researchers, that is a misinterpretation. On average it actually takes about 2 months of repetition to develop a habit. Don’t let the 60 days scare you off if it seems like a long time, after all, you are setting yourself up for good habits that will lead to a lifetime of being happier and healthier.
There are many things you can do to make sure your day is going to rock, but here are a few that will really get you up and moving:
Write down daily goals
- When you write down your daily tasks and goals it makes you more accountable, thus making you more motivated to do them. It also creates a a guideline for your day, so you don’t miss anything (especially the important stuff!)
- Make sure your daily goals are realistic that you know you can accomplish.
- Make a list of both your short-term and long-term goals to stay on track.
- List your priorities and then break down what you need to do to achieve these goals into smaller tasks so that you’re not trying to tackle everything at once.
- Categorize what you can actually do in one day vs. one month, three-months, 6 months, or a year.
Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up
- Drinking water gives your metabolism a push in the right direction with hydration after a nights sleep!!
- A glass of water in the morning helps your body say goodbye to yesterday’s toxins.
- A morning glass of water gets that beautiful mind going!
Reach for healthier snacks
- Instead of stocking the pantry with chips and candy, opt for buying healthier goodies.
- Keeping high-calorie, low-nutrition junk food out of the house leads to making better dietary choices.
- Research delicious alternatives for your guilty snack pleasures. Vfinity’s V1 Smoothie and V2 Greens are a great, healthy snacks packed with nutrition for your busy life,
Add in daily exercise
- It doesn’t have to be a hardcore 3-mile sprint, just get your body moving.
- It could be a walk around the mall or even a morning yoga session, as long as you get your heart rate up.
- Doing this on the daily will keep your body young, toned, and working better. If you open a door that is never used, it will be harder to open than a door that is opened frequently.
Make lazy life harder to live
- If you are feeling uninspired, change your daily routine.
- If you are tired, allow yourself to have some down time.
- If you are hurting, acknowledge your need to grieve for a loss.
- If you are afraid of failing or succeeding, make a list of why your fears are irrational.
Whatever is causing you to be lazy, address it directly so you’ll be able to unlock the motivation you need to change your daily routine.
There are so many ways you can start adopting a better lifestyle, and these are just a few small suggestions. Something as simple as drinking water or going for a walk can make a significant impact on your daily life!